09 May Remarkable Student Interview
We interviewed 1 of our lovely current level 3 students about their experience learning BSl. Here’s what Claire had to say:
1. What is your favourite thing about studying BSL?
Expanding my knowledge, being able to communicate with Deaf friends, etc etc
2. Why did you choose to study at Remark?
I studied level 1 and 2 here. I like the people and the teachers here
3. Do you find it helpful to learn in an environment where everyone uses BSL?
Yes very helpful.
4. How have you found the tutors at Remark?
Wonderful, friendly, passionate, patient.
5. What are the classes like and what is your favourite thing in class?
Classes are great. I am lucky to be in a small class so we get a lot of attention.
6. Recently your class went on trip to the Welcome Trust to see a signed lecture. Can you tell us a bit about it and how it was useful for your studies?
It was really useful to see BSL in a real life context. To see different styles of interpreting was also a really valuable experience
7. Would you recommend visiting places like this or go back yourself to see other signed lectures?
Yes definitely I would recommend it.
8. What is your favourite sign?
9. How does learning sign language benefit you?
It enriches my life and helps me to be more myself.
10. What are you aims for the future with your BSL qualifications?
I would like to do all 6 levels. And work with Deaf lead theatre companies. Maybe some interpreting work but as I am Deafened myself I do not know if I can.